1. Aim of the course: Familiarization with safety procedures on the ramp in order to create safety awareness.
After successful completion of the course, trainees will know the basic safety-rules and procedures for aircraft-handling.
2. Target group: All employees with operational duties on the ramp.
After successful completion of the course (test 80%), the trainees will receive an AP-Academy-certificate.
3. Required Foreknowledge: None
4. Course – Contents:
- The importance of safety
- The human factors
- The legal factor
- The economical and commercial factor
- Responsibilities in safety
- Accidents and incidents: definition, investigation, causes
- Traffic rules
- Service drives, taxiways and parking area
- Speed limits
- Aircraft and passengers; priority
- Risks on the Ramp
- Aircraft arrivals and departures
- Communication ground-cockpit
- Engine danger, dangerous aircraft parts
- Equipment (driving procedures, safety stop, ramp co-ordination manual, equipment danger)
- Fire prevention
- Weather conditions
- Dangerous goods
- Report damages , defects and engine troubles
- Individual protection
- Working and driving with equipment and vehicles
- Unloading and loading of the aircraft
- Positioning equipment at the aircraft
- Fuelling and fire prevention
- Test (pass-score is 80%)
5. Timeframe: Theoretical Basic Ramp safety: 4 hours
6. Languages: Languages in which we can offer the training: Dutch / English / French / German / Italian