Staff accepting cargo other than dangerous goods or staff involved in handling, storage and loading of cargo or baggage.
1. Aim of the course: Familiarization with dangerous goods and restrictions.
Acquired competencies & enables staff to handle, store and load dangerous goods in a safe and secure way, according to the standard IATA procedures
2. Target group: All ramp- Baggage- and warehouse- employees.
After successful completion of the course, the trainees will receive an IATA- or AP Academy-certificate which is valid for 2 years.
3. Required Foreknowledge: None
4. Course – Contents:
- General philosophy
- Labelling and Marking
- Documentation and Shipper’s Declaration
- Recognition of undeclared dangerous goods
- Storage and Loading Procedures
- Pilot’s notification (Notoc)
- Provisions for passengers and crew
- Emergency procedures
- Test (pass-rate is 80%)
5. Timeframe: Basic Course : 4 hours || Refresher Course : 3 hours
Belgium : Dutch / English / French
France : French / English
Germany : German / English
Italy : Italian / English
Netherlands : Dutch / English