Staff accepting dangerous goods.
1. Aim of the course: After completion of this course the trainees are able to:
- Deal with all types of dangerous goods covered by the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Apply the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations correctly.
- Accept or reject a shipment correctly by use of an acceptance check list.
2. Target group: All cargo acceptance staff and cargo staff who are responsible for completing the Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods.
After successful completion of the course, the trainee will receive an IATA- or AP certificate which is valid for 2 years. Aviapartner Holding is recognized by IATA as a Dangerous Goods Training School
3. Required Foreknowledge: Knowledge of the English language
4. Course – Contents:
- General philosophy
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- List of Dangerous Goods
- Prohibitions – Packing Instructions – Marking and Labelling
- Dangerous goods Transport Documents
- Operator’s Responsibilities / Pilot’s notification (notoc)
- Shipper’s Responsibilities / Shipper’s declaration
- Acceptance procedures
- Recognition of undeclared dangerous goods
- Storage- and loading-procedures
- Provisions for passengers and crew
- Emergency Procedures
- Radioactive Material (optional)
- IATA-test (pass-score is 80%)
5. Timeframe: Basic course: 5 days || Refresher course: 3 days
Belgium : Dutch / English
France : French
Germany : German / English